The Citation report is, in its basic form, a report from Web of Science including citations to a researcher's articles as well as the h-index based on these
It can be hard to find and recognize ALL the publications of a certain researcher, especially if he/she has a very common name.
Do multiple searches in WOS and refine your results by research area, country, organization a.s.o. or search by author/author identifier). The marked list feature enables you to save articles of your choice.
You can save your searches in your own Web of Knowledge profile or on your own computer (Search history -> save history). The citation report can be saved to an excel file.
If you want to compare citation reports and h-indexes for a certain university department, you need to decide beforehand how the search will be performed:
Use the link to the left or Find Database in the Finna portal to find Web of Science
1. Write the author's last name and the first letter in his/her first name in the author field (example: Petri Helo -> helo p*)
2. Choose timespan (all years or published 2005-2012, for example) and other settings
3. Refine your results. If you, for example, wish to include only peer-reviewed articles and proceedings papers (not editorial materials), you can pick these document types. If you, on the other hand, wish to include only results from the University of Vaasa, choose Organizations-Enhanced.
4. If there are still articles written by the wrong author in your results, you can pick the articles you want to keep one by one and then click "Add to Marked List". Note that if there are several articles on different pages, you have to pick the articles one by one and add them to marked list one page at a time.
5. If you want to create a citation report of the articles in your search result, click on ”Create Citation Report” on the right side of the page. This will generate the h-index based on the articles you have chosen. Note: If you picked the articles one by one and added them to marked list, open the list by clicking the icon at the top of the page, then choose "create citation report".
6., 7. & 8. The citation report includes the amount of citations to the researcher's articles as well as the researcher's h-index. The time span can still be refined, the deleted articles are not taken into account in the metrics. If you want the report as excel file, click "save to excel file" and fill in the article numbers.