Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Legacy RefWorks (old version)
The old version of RefWorks will cease working on the 31st of December 2018. It is not possible to change the version of RefWorks (Write-n-cite) in the middle of a text. Use this version until the text is finished and then change to the new version. You need to create a new user account in the new version. Click your university's link if you want to use Legacy RefWorks!
With RefWorks you can:
- save and manage references from most databases, library catalogues and Google Scholar
- make citations while writing in Word and Google Docs
- make bibliographies in different styles (Harvard, APA, Vaasa University's style Acta Wasaensia etc) or create you own styles
- share your references with others
- RefWorks Citation Manager
- Google Docs Add-On
- Quick Cite
Please notice that the University of Vaasa will not renew our license for RefWorks for 2022.
We will update this Libguide on how to move your references to another programme.
Learn to use RefWorks in 20 minutes
Install RefWorks Citation Manager (Word 2016)